Happy Spring

Are you tired of looking at the black & white sketches in my blog recently?
Yeah, sketching is less complicated than painting. I don't mean the process of painting is troubling though, painting is a beautiful thing. Just the things I have to do BEFORE and AFTER painting bother me so much- setting up paints & palettes and cleaning up brushes & table- how lazy I am.
Ha, I have something nice for the season this time:). 
The worst thing about the country I live in is that the winter is freaking cold. When I waked up on the morning of APRIL 4th, I saw the snow lying peacefully outside my window...  and then I swore inside my head. 
"Why is the winter here endless?"
Spring is finally here. Yeah! My t-shirts all take a deep breath from the closet.
Does this painting recall you a sweet memory of spring outing? Or does it remind you to go out and have a picnic with your friends on a sunshiny day? 





I did it just for fun, and I used texture again because it's fun!

Click on the picture and you will see more texture:).

The "abnormal things" I used for the painting are:

1. Flour

2. A "weapon" and a holder (Mixing flour and paints)

And after mixing flour and paint in the holder, I used the knife to put the mixture on the canvas. They are very sticky to the surface. 
(Accidentally, I used brown paint to mix with flour... I told myself, "don't gross out. It looks fine, just like chocolate", but seriously, someone might think I was stirring poo.... )

Cover the whole surface with the "chocolate(or ...) ", just wait for it to dry. Once it's dry, it never falls off and it smells... so good... make me want to eat the canvas like a bagel.

Then I paint my image on it. When doing painting on textures, the problem occurs when painting even colors, for example, light colors on dark background and dark colors on light background, that I have to use my brush with paint to dig into the holes in the flour. but it looks great when you want different colors appear at the same time, isolating from on another.
FUN FUN FUN


Have you noticed that my profile picture is changed? LOL.... that's a self-portrait. I'm not a skilled photographer to take a photo of it in a perfect perspective, so I will post it on my blog in later days.



3 comments:

  1. Sounds great creative ideas :) Paint on a wax paper, and you can bake it. But the swan is too beautiful to be sacrificed. ^^ I like the strokes that you made as waves!! Wonder if you stroke its feathers like natural waves, too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the "Swan" paintings! great job on mixing the flour and paint! By the way, if you have or haven't known I have this painting blog, you might want to check it out if you have time. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a FUN post! Great texture and beautiful blog!
    I like your profile picture too.

    ReplyDelete