My Acrylic Paintings

I can tell you that the day I expect the most in a week is Thursday.  Thursday is actually more precious than Friday to me, though Friday night is generally students' free night.  That is all because every Thursday after school, I do arcrylic paiting with a group of artiests, and those two and a half hours always seems to be the best time in a week to me.

I can't tell you how much I love acrylic paintings because you are gonna see my love from my paintings and my stories. Acrylics' become the material I used most often for painting.


How I recieve this treasure of art, acrylic painting, is all because of a person, my first art teacher since I moved to Canada. Her name is Shirley.

This is my first piece of acrylic painting that I did in December 2009. It was also my first time to paint on canvas.


That day was the first time when I met Shirley at her house. Shirley is a professional artist and obviously, a master of arcrylic art. On that day, she helped me to find a picture I like to start, and I chose these pretty tulips in different shapes. She also asked me to choose the canvas from 3 different sizes, and I chose the mediun one since I was a biginner painter. I had two classes to finish this painting. During the process, Shirley gave me a lot of suggestions on the dark and light, transition of colors and so on, however, she didn't paint anything on mine at all. Until now, she's never corrected or done anything for me on my paintings. She always suggests and she says I may find something else better than she suggests.
I used watery yellow paint to breifly paint the first layer of the fowers but did not schetch under the painting. The setting of the two flowers is pretty natural and lively; the unature backgroud is the creative part of this piece but the jewelry blue background with light spots matches the wealthy yellow tulips well. It's not bad for the first piece, is it?
It is a picture of the painting, however, the original piece is with many unskilled brushstrokes because of my inexperienced techniques.




This is a gift for my mum, painted in February 26th, 2010.
The reason I remembered the date so clearly is because my mother came to visit my dad and me on February 27th after had not seen her for almost half year since I moved to Toronto, and the night before, I worked on this painting in Shirley's house until 10 o'clock and she drove me home. How sweet that was!
And then, my mother loved it so much.
This painting's style is similar to the first one. The backgroud, again, is kind of creative and you can see through the layers which makes it pretty intersting. I love those claret violet tulips and the various shapes of them.


Painted in February 2010, for my best friend's, Clare's, birthday. The original picture is from Tropicana orange juice ontainer.
Clare used to be big an orange lover, and that's why to paint oranges for her birthday seemed like the best idea. She is the first friend I had in Canada, and luckily, she is an white Canadian girl who always helps me English. She is actually so special and precious... I will talk about her later.
Anyhow, I did this painting on my own, and after it was done, I brought it to Shirley and she helped me to make it perfect:). What I did is to refine the pulps of the central orange with thick paints and made it realistic.



Painted in April and May, 2010; was given to my father for his birthday.
Another story with Shirley. I forgot my Dad's birthday which was on May 14th (what a horrible daughter I was!), I felt really bad and I even wept. Shirley and her daughter, my English teacher Mrs Carbrey, comforted me and Shirley suggested me to work hard on this unfinished painting and gave it to my dad as a birthday present and so I did.
A beautiful foggy morning in spring!  I had a lot of fun paiting the fog over the painting.  What I did is to use very watery white color on a huge brush to paint over the trees, otherwise, the trees won't be seen through the fog. The further the trees are, barely they are seen. So interesting. The closer grass are darker and the grass is painted with many different green, especially with many yellow brushstrokes highlighted. Green is so lovely:).

 
 a Snowy Tree, Painted in Sep 2010 at Shirley's house. It is now at my home in China.
I don't have a story for this painting but it was a pretty good progress on painting for me.
This is a pine in winter whose pine needles have all been coverd by snow and ice. Pines are evergreen but in my painting it is blue. The original picture is from a photograph too but the tree is actually white. Why would artists differnet from photographer? Aritists can create the colors in their choice which apply to the subject. Well, everyone would know that is snow eventhough the blue is unatural. The needles are quite detailed painted: the close parts are sharp and the further parts are soft and light.  The point of view is awesome and you can see the branches of the pine stretching towards the sky or into the needles. I play a lot with lights when I did the branches.


A special winter painting. The girl on the painting is my art buddy, Nahyun. It is painted in November 2010, and is currently in China.
Nahyun's been in Canada for 2 years. She's from Korea. She had professional training on art back in Korea and she was working on a art portfolio for OCAD(Ontario College of Ard and Design University) at that time and she was in the painting group. In a word, she is an awesome artist. The environment is referenced from a Christmas card and I was about to do a Christmas theme paiting for that piece, however, one day, I left the card in my locker after school and I seemed nothing to do in my painting class that day. I suddenly had an idea that I could paint Nahyun, who was sitting right across the table in front of me. Then, I did, haha. Nahyun is really happy about the painting and she likes so much when it's done. Well, after all, it's my first painting of an real life person and it doesn't look identical to Nahyun. Anyhow, it is special between me and her:). She is leaving for Korea this month and she is going to stay there for university. I feel sad about that and I wish her the best in her education and career.



No comments:

Post a Comment