No Garbage: Hand-made toys from grade 8


I'm currently working on a big acrylic painting on Thursdays, and school work and other extra-curriculum courses have occupied all the other days...
Thursday afternoons when I do painting with Shirley is the only time that can make me leave all the stress and frustration behind. I feel peace and joy from it.
Now, I really don't have much new stuff to upload to my blog but I have the pictures of the stuffed toys I made when I was 14:D.

They are actually all given to my friends or families as gifts, but I did keep the pictures before I gave them away. Let me introduce them to you one by one:).

1. A turtle! 
She is the first stuffed toy I ever made. I made it without any instruction, supervision or even a map, using strings, needles, cotton and old clothings and buttons, learning everything from working with hands all by myself, and even under the table because my mom would seriously get mad if she saw me doing this instead of  studying. 

I started from cutting an old pink sweater I'd worn from grade four to six. It has really nice colors and patterns, and the two lines on sleeves can be made into the closure of its shell; pay attention to its tail is made of the elastic wristband from the sweater. I made one of its eyes half-shut because it looks like this expression: "-_-|||". LOL; the other eye is made of a button from my pants.

I gave this to my boy friend... Yeah, a boy friend in grade eight and we are still together though we are hundreds of kilograms apart...

2. The following toys are related... I mean it's a series of stuffed toys, from the same ancestor(my "zebra" shirt).
He is called 幺不 (sounds like "yob" or "yao-boo"), I didn't even know how to say it right when I looked at it after a few years... at the time when I made this, I look over dictionaries to find the words to name it. I don't think 幺不 is a great name for it though....
I guess the little devil-styled toys are quite popular in that summer.
The metal button is pretty cool. It's from my pants and that was the only one. I had to sew something else to replace it after cutting it off.

 3. Another 幺不: older brother
I'm taller than La Tour Eiffel




4. It should be the probably the father 幺不 I believe....
You think I am a teddy bear? Watch out, man, cos I'm the stronger one!


You might ask, "what the hell is going one with those pictures of stuffed toys?"
LOL, well, I was really bored one night and I played the new app I got on my iPod... until 2 a.m. 
I kown I was not supposed to play for that long I just can't help it because I'm making fun of my art:D.

5. Lastly, the baby 幺不!
I'm learning French so... haha. (I hope it's correct though)
Thanks for visiting;).

1 comment:

  1. Waaa~ So cute! ^^ And the French should be "Bienvenue à "Qinthéorie"". (:

    ReplyDelete