Valentines Gift for My Valentine

 I am trying to work on a series of paintings about winter. This is the first one I did last month.
Something to mention is that this is the first textured painting I did and what I used to make the texture is black pepper.

Using pepper for painting?
Haha, sounds weird, doesn't it? Actually that day I looked for flour in the kitchen in my church but I found none, and I was afraid to use salt instead because it too easily dissolved in water. Finally, I saw a bottle of black pepper and I thought, why not try this? Then it worked out so well.

Steps:
1. Just mix whatever you are using for texture, in here is pepper, with your paint (background color). It's gonna stick on your canvas so no need to use glue or anything.
2. Then, do something else, waiting for the paint to dry.
3. Once it's dry, feel free to work on it and you will see how effective it's gonna be.

Luckily, texture made by pepper not only lies on the canvas smoothly, but also creates the effects of snowing and the fluffs of the dog.
I also add colors all around the figure to make it more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment